DNN8 install

Apr 13, 2016 at 2:48 PM
I've tried install ing this in DNN8 and get this error.

at SchwabenCode.QuickIO.Internal.InternalQuickIOCommon.NativeExceptionMapping(String path, Int32 errorCode)
at SchwabenCode.QuickIO.QuickIOFile.OpenFileStream(QuickIOPathInfo pathInfo, FileAccess fileAccess, FileMode fileOption, FileShare shareMode, Int32 buffer)
at DotNetNuke.Common.Utilities.FileSystemUtils.ReadFile(String filePath)
at DotNetNuke.Services.Installer.Installers.PackageInstaller.ReadTextFromFile(String source)
at DotNetNuke.Services.Installer.Installers.PackageInstaller.ReadManifest(XPathNavigator manifestNav)
at DotNetNuke.Services.Installer.Installer.ProcessPackages(XPathNavigator rootNav)
at DotNetNuke.Services.Installer.Installer.ReadManifest(Boolean deleteTemp)
at DotNetNuke.Modules.Admin.Extensions.Install.wizInstall_NextButtonClick(Object sender, WizardNavigationEventArgs e)
at System.Web.UI.WebControls.Wizard.OnBubbleEvent(Object source, EventArgs e)
at System.Web.UI.Control.RaiseBubbleEvent(Object source, EventArgs args)
at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)
Coordinator
Apr 13, 2016 at 7:34 PM

Thanks for advising of this installer issue. I’ll look into it as soon as I can. Were you installing the module into a DNN 8.00.00 or a DNN 8.00.01 install? Was the DNNUserExport package the install or source version?

Bill

Coordinator
Apr 15, 2016 at 1:44 AM
I was able to reproduce the issue when attempting to install DNN User Export v 2.00.01 (Install Package) in a DNN v 8.00.01 installation Apparently there was a breaking change in DNN 8.x in the area of valid folder paths. I found a similar issue in the DNN Jira support tracker which was closed as "Won't Fix" as it was deemed to be an error in a particular third party module. Unfortunately there was no mention of the nature of the error in the third party module.

After comparing the module manifest of DNN User Export with another module of mine which would install successfully in DNN 8, I noticed that in the manifest's path for the license file and release notes file I had typed a forward slash rather than back slash. Following that change in the manifest and repackaging the module, the Install Extension Wizard completed successfully.

HOWEVER, DNN User Export v 2.00.01 is not compatible with DNN 8 due to the deprecation of Telerik-based controls in DNN 8 which has resulted in a change in the namespace for the Telerik.Web.Ui assembly. I will need to either change the reference and recompile and repackage or replace the offending DNNDatePicker control with a jQueryUI one. I'll try to get to doing that later this week as well as test the revised module for any other DNN 8 incompatibilities. I'll post a note to this thread when the new package release has been uploaded to Codeplex.

Bill
Apr 15, 2016 at 7:59 AM
Hi Bill,

That telerik issue has hit a few module. I've used the fordnn module to do my export, so no rush :-)

Thanks for getting back to me,

Dave.
Coordinator
Apr 15, 2016 at 9:13 PM
Hi David,

I've just uploaded the new v 02.00.02 which should solve both the installer and the Telerik-based DnnDatePicker issues in DNN 8.x. The deprecated DnnDatePicker's have been replaced by jQueryUI DatePicker's. I am trying a new way of localizing a jQueryUI DatePicker in this module. When you have a chance, please let me know how the localization works for you as I don't have an actual multi-language site set up for testing.

Bill